pink skirt revamped

Nothing fits after having Max. Nothing. Well my maternity yoga pants still do, but those don’t count. Anyway, I eventually gave in and went and spent about $20 at a thrift store and purchased some roomy button up tops and some skirts to get me thru this weird body shaped time (There’s no way you’re going to get me to try on a pair of jeans right now. No.Way.). During my mini shopping spree, I purchased this pink skirt. It has been an after-baby-wardrobe lifesaver. However, after wearing it for about a month, I realized it was the same color as Pepto Bismol. Never a good thing. And in true “Krista” style, I dyed it. The tag was worn out and I couldn’t tell what the fabric contents were, so this became a bit of a dyeing risk. But I stuck my Peptoey pink skirt in a bucket of dark brown Rit dye and was pleasantly surprised. The skirt must have been a cotton/poly blend, because not all of the fibers dyed. But I love the mauvey color I ended up with! Odds are, if you see me out and about, I will either have this skirt or my yoga pants on. I know my old clothes will eventually fit, but goodness is it hard to find things to wear after having a baby! Buuuut Mason just handed me an almond Snickers bar that I just downed while typing this. So I guess I can’t complain too much.

How to dye your clothes tutorial here.

Like my cardigan? How I made it here.

Jen says:

Man, Rit dye is such a miracle worker…it seems like it will literally dye anything, at least every mystery thing I’ve dyed with it worked out well. Love the new color of the skirt…perfect for fall!

Thanks Jen! Rit dye is amazing! I’ve only had one mystery item that won’t dye… and I used poly dye after and i still didn’t take! It will be a happy day if I can ever figure out how to dye that dress!

I love dying clothes… it’s a bit of an exciting experiment. Will it make it worse? Will it be the best item ever? You never really know how it’s going to turn out. And I guess that’s part of the fun.

This worked out great :)

x Elena @ Randomly Happy

Haha I love it too! Such a fun mystery sometimes!

Chioma says:

i love that skirt! goes perfectly with the boots :)

Chioma
C’s Evolution of Style

Kim says:

do you usually dye in your washing machine? or in a bucket?

I dye in a bucket because I think it gives me a better control of the color :) There’s a link at the bottom of this post that will lead you to another post on exactly how I dye my clothes.

Wow great job on the transformation! Love this outfit. Found you via EBEW (http://2brokelagirls.blogspot.com)

Heather says:

What great embellishments on the sweater!

JJ says:

I kept a pair of jeans that I bought after having my first son. I stored them with my maternity clothes so that after I had son #2 I would have a pair of jeans. I was sooooooo glad I did! I completely regret getting rid of the black stretch-knit “jeans” though! So if you do happen to find a pair or two for this awkward time, save ‘em! :o)

Love this idea! Thanks JJ!

Lindsay says:

Oh I love how it turend out! The color is perfect for fall and winter. Love it!

Marie says:

Nope nothing fits, for a while. Then when it does you are thrilled and amazed so hold on!

I’m pretty sure it’s going to feel like I have a whole new wardrobe when they do! It will be fun!