36 weeks

Today I am 36 weeks pregnant. In one week I’ll be 37. Full term. WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN?! It feels like we just announced our pregnancy and at the same time, it seems like I’ve been pregnant for eternity. I’m so excited to meet this little guy! I can’t believe how close we are to that point. It’s surreal. If he’s like his dad, we’ll be meeting him sooner rather than later. If he’s like his mom, we’ll be meeting him in the middle of August. And he’ll weigh 10 pounds. My poor poor mom. I came 3 weeks late, at the end of summer, while living in Minnesota, and weighed ten pounds. My mom is a rockstar. It’s strange to not know at all when our lives are going to drastically change forever. I guess the mystery is part of the fun.

Anyway, it’s the last few weeks if Mason and I as just us two. What did all you mommas out there do during this time? What did you wish you did? I’d love to hear it!

Outfit details: Dress c/o DownEast Basics, Steve Madden Shoes, Nordstrom sweater.

Brynne says:

I’d just graduated from grad school and wasn’t going to get a job since I was planning to stay home, so I walked to the farmer’s market and library, knitted and sewed, and napped. My first was born almost two weeks early, so I was glad I’d relaxed and everything was ready.

Mason Peterson says:

You are looking so good! The dress looks great on you pregnant. :-)

Carrie says:

We live the same life. I was 3 weeks late, weighed 10 lbs, and came the beginning of September… in VIRGINIA. My poor madre.
For the last few weeks of pregnancy, I was mostly a beached whale. I wish I had made freezer meals (my water actually broke while carrying groceries out to my car. Groceries I had bought to make freezer meals…)

Tamra says:

Love the outfit. You really are such a cute pregnant lady. And you look SO good for being SO close to the end! We’re getting so excited to meet our little nephew.

April Aleman says:

First, I am buying that dress… love it. Second………. go on a babymoon. An easy getaway where you do nothing and enjoy just doing that. Nothing. We did Palm Springs.

Karen says:

Wow. My babies are nearly 18 and 20 years old. My first arrived 8 weeks early so I was so not ready and still doing things to get ready. Certainly wasnt waiting. When did 37 become full term? Always been 40 weeks where I come from.

So my due date isn’t next week. It’s at week 40. Full term just means that if I go into labor anytime after week 37, my doctor won’t do anything to try to stop the process. My baby will be ready to go and just fattening up until the day he arrives. Anything before 37 weeks is preterm, 37-42 is full term, and 42+ is post term. I can’t imagine how crazy it must have been when your first arrived 8 weeks early!

Leah Hollett says:

Shut UP!!! I love this WHOLE darn outfit! 1st you look amazing and not the “you look amazing… for being so pregnant” kind of amazing like for reals AH-mazing! Love the gladiator sandals, the black and white, the chevron pattern, the teal cardi with the yellow beads. Just… GOOD JOB!

Leah, you are my new best friend. Will you come give me a pep talk every morning like this? Thanks :) Haha, but seriously, thanks for the super sweet comment!

Anja says:

wow, you look so incredibly beautiful! You glow like only a soon-mom-to-be can and it really suits you so well, plus you are looking gorgeous in this dress! Loving it and can’t wait for the giveaway :) Enjoy these last days with your better half, relax and just do wonderful things together that make you all feel closer, like making a belly painting or taking photos together, or making a belly mold or things like that. I read somewhere that kids can feel it when you touch the belly as much as possible and the feel welcomed into the world. Congrats once again – wish you all the best!

Anna says:

Buck and I just spent as much time together as possible and I had no regrets about how I spent my time. Also, morning bed cuddles or shenanigans with your husband are probably the hardest things to get back with a baby so take full advantage now! ;)

Lea says:

With our first, Shane and I (while we were waiting for the hospital to call us and tell us we can come in and be induced) ended up having a whole day that we spent together; breakfast out, a little window shopping, and saw a movie together. It has turned out to be one of our best days because we were calm and just enjoying each other’s company without some pressing event we had to scurry off to. A complete blessing, even though it didn’t feel like it was all blessing at the time. Enjoy each other and the quiet you can have.

MimiKou says:

You look super great! Really! I think this outfit won’t look that great on a non-pregnant lady ;)
I don’t have babies yet but my sister was pregnant when we had this big wave of heat in France in 2003 and she suffered! I am thinking of you poor mother!
You know that in France, if the baby doesn’t show up 3 days after the due date, the doctor speed up the delivery as 3 days is considered as the maximum!
When the baby was here, we were several baby sitters for her so my sister and husband could go to the movies and just spend time together.
Well, I hope you the best!

Luxury Zone says:

Such a beautifu dress and you wore it perfectly! I love this!