39 week ramblings

No baby. Still pregnant. I always thought women were funny when they said how long the last few weeks of pregnancy seemed. You’ve known your due date the whole time, why does it seem long? But OH MY GOODNESS! They are right. I feel like time has stopped. I want to meet this boy SOOOOOO bad! And Mason is going bezzerk too! We can’t wait to welcome our son to the world. I went to the doctors this morning and the numbers aren’t promising for an early delivery or probably not even an on-time delivery. It feels weird to put this kind of info on the internet, but let’s say I’ve been at the loneliest number for 4 WEEKS! I’ll stay positive until my due date. But after that I’m allowed to turn into a monster right? So caution to my close ones… next week you’re not going to want to be around this cranky gal. Unless you have chocolate. Then we can be best friends. And by the way, Mason and I have tried EVERYTHING to get this baby out. Nothing is working. He’s happy where he’s at. I’m going to have a big, fat, late baby!!! Just like his momma! But at least I’ll win our little bet!

I took a little unplanned blog break last week to just be. And it was nice. During that time I got to thinking about how I want to juggle this blog and being a mom. I started this blog as a creative outlet, and will stay just that. A creative place for me. I have another place I keep private family records. So for those that worry this may turn into a family blog, you need not. I do, however, plan on soaking up as many moments of motherhood as I possibly can! And if that means less posting for a little while, then I’m okay with that. But in the end, I’m still me, and I know eventually I’ll want to get creating sooner rather than later after baby boy’s arrival, even if I’m sewing one handed while holding my babe with the other. Not sure if that’s possible. But I’ll find out! I’ve made the decision to create for the sake of creating and not to create for blog posts. And while the posting may be slower than usual, my blog will be so much better! The things I worked on last week with this attitude turned out so well and I love them! I’m really excited about the future of Lazy Saturdays!

I’m feeling so blessed right now. Also a little uncomfortable, ha! But very blessed. A little boy is going to join Mason and me so soon. We already love him so much. Thank you so much for reading Lazy Saturdays! I love you readers… even you silent ones out there. Hopefully next week you’ll get to see the newest addition to our little family! Cross your fingers for me!

P.S. My dress is from Just Cottons, and adorable Etsy shop. And it’s actually not a dress, but a kaftan. I saw one here on Brandilyn and knew I “needed” one. I bought it as a gift to myself to come home from the hospital in. But I couldn’t wait to wear it! It’s so comfy! And Chetna, the shop owner, was awesome and sewed in some buttons along the neckline to make it nursing friendly. Great service!

Also, I know my roots are showing. Hard to believe my hair color isn’t natural, right? Ha! My hair stopped holding dye several months ago and I stopped trying to convince it to. Seriously, check out the difference in my hair color here! Oh pregnancy hormones, you’re so funny.

Jenn says:

I’ve heard a lot about a baby taking advantage of their “womb service” : ) but have yet to experience it – I’m sure it’s hard to wait! But then again, your baby will be here before you know it : ) Definitely excited for you! And you still make a cute pregnant mama-to-be!

brandilyn says:

oh my gosh, i clicked on this link and was hoping you’d share where you got your stunning dress…haha! you look AMAZING. if you plan on nursing, that dress will become your new BFF…and it’s just plain comfortable!

i know this is such an obnoxious and cliche thing to say, but once you have that sweet little boy you’ll look at these big belly pictures and be like, “i was pregnant?!” it will seem like a blur. enjoy having him close and good luck in these last few weeks! being mom is the sweetest adventure i’ve ever been on.

also, you HAVE to get a moby wrap! it will leave both hands free for sewing and if your little boy loves it half as much as mine did, he’ll nap all day long in that thing. and this comment is a novel so i’m signing off now. ha.

I found it because of you! Haha! It looked adorable on you :) And I’m so happy I bought it! It’s so comfy! It’s nice to hear that I’ll look back and think “I was pregnant?” Because I feel like I’ve ALWAYS been pregnant! I’m so looking forward to meeting this little guy! You’re pictures of Junior make me so jealously excited. And I’ve already purchased a Moby wrap! I didn’t think about using it to sew! Score!!!

Beverly says:

My friend always dyes her hair red also, and everyone thinks she’s a natural red head too :)

Johanna says:

Awww, Krista, you look so amazing in this dress/kaftan!!! Now I have to buy one, too! Especially after brandilyn mentioned that it’s perfect for a mother who plans on nursing! And as I still have 17 more weeks to go, this dress will be a perfect companion during this time.
I can’t wait to see whatLazy Saturdays is going to be like when your baby boy finally arrives! All the best for you, Mason and your baby boy!

I love this outfit so nice so sweet so simply and so elegant!!! I love how happy you are and look in these pictures

Anja says:

wow, that must be so hard to wait on your little man. Hope you will be able to get through those last days and have a save and unproblematic delivery. I think it is great that you will keep blogging and I also believe that we all wouldn’t mind some baby info once in a while. I do love the fact that lazy saturdays will stick to the theme. Thanks for that and great that you plan on rocking your passion no matter what. I am so looking forward to your new projects and hope to sign on to the next quarterly upcycled thursday.

Akanksha says:

You look so cute!!!!!!! :D n did u color ur hair? looking good..bt I liked ur previous hair more :D

Maybe you have time see my New post- Shop InOnIt.com: The coolest Indian Shopping Website

P.S. There is an exciting International Giveaway going on in my blog- Win a Pair of 3D Glasses :) Don’t forget to enter!

Love
Akanksha, Fictitious Fashion

Chelly Dee says:

Lol maybe you didn’t read her whole post, but she is pregnant and due to pregnancy hormones her hair does not hold color. So it would kinda be a waste of her money to dye her hair right now :)