maxwell

Our little Maxwell Peterson is finally here! Born July 25th at 12:24PM and weighing in at a hefty 9 pounds 5 ounces and 21.5 inches long.

I went into labor on Monday night and Max arrived Wednesday afternoon. I was in labor for about 36 hours. It was long and exhausting. Time seemed to stand still as did my progress. Two nights straight of no sleep. And I’d do it all over again for this little guy.

One of the most life changing moments was the first time I laid eyes on my new son. I had to push for over three hours. I was so exhausted that I fell asleep to the point of dreaming between each contraction. I had my eyes closed tightly as I heard everyone in the room yell “look down!!” And there he was. This perfect little stranger that brought a bigger heart for me with him. Thru a day and a half of labor, I never cried. I kept myself as in control as I possibly could. But the moment I saw Max, I lost it and couldn’t hold my emotions in any longer. I sobbed and sobbed as I looked in his newborn grey eyes, watched as he grasped onto my fingers and as I spoke to him and saw he recognized my voice. Everything I sacrificed to bring this little life into the world flashed thru my thoughts. The sleepless nights, the stretch marks, the morning sickness, how hard it has been to breathe and move, the pain of labor, the trauma my body just went thru. It was worth every bit of it.

I also fell in love with my amazing husband even deeper than I thought possible. Mason was a rockstar thru everything. He took care of me and rubbed my back and held my hand as I labored at home for hours and hours. He was the best coach a girl could ask for at the hospital. He slept about as much as I did(you can see his exhaustion too in his eyes in the picture below). I could see how hard it was for him to watch me go thru the delivery process. And if that wasn’t enough to make me want to marry Mason all over again, seeing him hold our child for the first time certainly threw me over the emotional edge. Watching Mason become a dad has been one of my favorite things I’ve experienced in our marriage. He’s an amazing father.

So now, we’re home and enjoying time as a new little family. I’m still recovering but am feeling better every day. I can’t believe I’m no longer pregnant and how quickly my body is snapping back. We’re getting TONS of cuddling in along with tons of poopy diapers, sleepless nights and adjusting to breastfeeding. It’s been an amazing experience and we’re soaking it all up.

Olivia says:

Congratulations! He is just a beauty! What a labor, but the payoff is sure worth it :) He is so handsome, and all that hair!

Judith says:

Perfect in every way! And now a whole new exciting journey is starting for the 3 of you…

Cristiana says:

Benvenuto Maxwell!!!!
Congrats beautiful family, ciao from Italy

Heather says:

Congratulations! I had just started following your blog near the end of your pregnancy and was just checking yesterday to see if there were any updates. I peeked at your instagram and was so excited to see everything looked well. Maxwell is very adorable. I appreciate hearing about your experience especially how having a baby has brought you closer to your husband – I’ve been reading this from a couple mother/baby/lifestyle/fashion blogs recently and is something I hope to share one day with my husband as well. Even with the honesty of the struggles, you paint a very realistic picture of the joys, all the best!

Elin says:

Congratulations!

I may have cried a little reading that…

Andrea says:

Oh my goodness, what a sweet post. You are so strong! Congratulations to you and Mason. Wishing you the best with your little one.

Ashley says:

Maxwell is just a darling! Congrats to you guys!

Congratulations! Maybe I’m not supposed to say this about a baby boy but I’ll say it anyway: he is so beautiful!!

Alecia says:

Congratulations! he is perfect!

Kelsey says:

Congrats you two!! he is so precious!!!

You are the champ! So happy for your family!

Tamsyn says:

AW! congratulations! He is adorable.

Lisa says:

No matter how many birth stories I read, I can’t get enough. This is such a life-changing experience! He is GORGEOUS. And you look incredible. I can’t get over these pictures! I thought newborns were supposed to come out funny looking! Congrats, Krista. I hope I get to meet him sometime soon.

Anna says:

Congratulations Krista, Mason and finally Max! I’ve started to watch your blog maybe 3 months ago and was waiting for this post to come; you look so happy all the time and it gives me a lot of pleasure to see such a harmony. Wish you luck, joy and and everything what’s best for you and your son- across the universe- from Poland:)

Megan E says:

He is absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations!

Katherine says:

Congratulations, Krista! Look at that thick head of hair. Your little Maxwell is just too precious!

Jenny says:

oh he’s perfect! congratulations!

Lydia says:

So sweet! Congratulations!!

Amanda says:

Amazing Krista! He’s beautiful. It only gets more challenging and wonderful!

Mimi says:

Congratulations! This post was positively lovely to read. I think you two will make fabulously loving parents-Maxwell doesn’t know how lucky he is! Best wishes for a happy future for the three of you =)

Brynn says:

Max is so beautiful! He looks a lot like Mason :) Congratulations!!

Ruth Hansen says:

So happy for you guys! Maxwell is so sweet. You are gonna be amazing parents! Love ya!

Anna says:

Krista!!! What a touching story! I can’t wait to show you more of his newbie pics. What a dolly of a babe you have. I’m so glad to have met you. You are such a neat person.

Anja says:

what a cute little man you got there! congratulations to your little family, enjoy every moment – they grow up so fast!!! Glad you managed it so well even with all those hours!

Robin says:

Congratulations! He is adorable!

Katie says:

Congratulations! 36 hours, dang! He is so big and handsome. :). Cant wait to see the refashions you make for him to parade in…

Anna B. says:

Congratulations to your sweet little family! What a precious piece of heaven you have. He is adorable.
Hugs,
–Anna

Marissa says:

Congrats! Looking at the pictures of your new baby made me think of something our delivery nurse said when our little girl was born a month ago, “She’s beautiful and I don’t have to even lie about it. She really is beautiful.” It was all I could do to stifle laughing in her face, when she left the room my husband said, “Did you hear what she just said?!” Then, we busted up laughing. So to the Peterson family, I say, “He is so handsome and I don’t even have to lie about it! He is really is a very handsome baby!” ;)

Alicia S. says:

What a sweetie…that face!!! Perfection :)

Lauren says:

I really loved reading this, and your baby boy is absolutely beautiful! I’ve been reading your blog for a little while now, Krista, and this post just made me so happy for you!

Johanna says:

Awww, Krista, congrats! He is such a cutie! Enjoy your time as a family of three!
You can be really proud of yourself, you did a great job!

just adorable :) thank you so much for sharing with us!

Kerrstyn says:

Wow! You are a champ! He is absolutely adorable! Congrats to you and Mason on your new little family! Enjoy every minute of it :)

Beverly says:

My eyes got a bit teary reading this and looking at the photos. You have a beautiful baby.

Trisha says:

I’ve been very distracted lately by all the big changes going on in our lives so I only JUST read this post. I LOVE it! Even though I’ve seen you a couple times and cuddled that sweet baby since he was born, I hadn’t seen this side of it. Thank you so much for posting, sharing these beautiful pictures, your beautiful feelings and experience. I have felt that EXACT outpouring of emotion you described. Love you, hope you’re doing well and can’t wait to see you again!