- If you have curly hair, you generally don’t want to blow dry it. If you must, use a drier on a cool setting with a defuser. The hotter the heat, the frizzier your hair will be.
- For straight to slightly wavy hair, blow dry your hair to about 75% dry using your fingers. Then use a round brush with the blow drier to style your hair. Trying to style your hair while it’s too damp won’t let the style set in. You’ll just be wasting your time. And time is money, right?
- When you’re done drying your hair and you want to set the style, use your brush to lift your hair how you want it styled and blast it with cool air from your drier. If you let your hair down while hot, it will cool flat and stay that way.
- If you have frizzy hair and you want to straighten it, Moroccan Oil is Awesome! It’s pricy, but worth every penny, and a little goes a long ways. Put less than a dime size amount in your hand and work into your hair, avoiding your scalp because it will make your hair look oily. Air dry or blow dry. You will get a sleeker look if you blow dry with a round brush, a softer curl if you use a diffuser, and air drying will reduce frizz. If your hair still looks dry, you can still add a little more Moroccan Oil. But remember, a little goes a very long way. Less is more in this case.
- If you have side swept bangs, this is a great tip for you! For the most movement and body, blow dry your hair in alternating angles. For example, if you normally style your bangs to the right, start blowdrying them to the right, then alternate to the left, then back to the right again. Continue until your bangs are dry. This is the only thing I’d recommend styling before your hair is 75% dry.
We’d like to thank Misikko for suppling the HANAair hair drier for this segment. This hair dryer is AMAZING! I have been using the drier at home for a few weeks and I LOVE it! Drying my hair is my least favorite part of getting ready and this does the job in a fraction of the time. It gives me more time to spend with my new little man! Erin loved using it too to help share her blow drying tips with me. She wanted to keep it. We’re in negotiations right now.